What Honda Vehicles Have Remote Start?
Useful in both cold and snowy climates as well as hot and humid, a remote start feature can greatly increase your comfort from before your trip has even started. Used to warm up the engine and get the heat on in the cabin, or to get the air conditioning to cool off an interior that’s been baking in the sun, it’s easy to see why this has become such a popular feature. To help you understand how this feature can help you and where you can find it, Germain Honda of College Hills has made up the following guide.
How Does Remote Start Work?
The purpose of a remote start is to be able to start up your vehicle without using the ignition key, or even necessarily being in the vehicle. This can be done from up to 400 feet away. If your vehicle is also equipped with automatic climate control, it will then also turn on either the heat or air conditioning, depending on the outside temperature. For some years and models, the thermostat will be automatically set to 72 degrees.
How to Use Remote Start
Starting the Engine
- First, press the Lock button. Then, within 5 seconds, press and hold the Engine button to remotely start the engine.
- The engine will run for up to 10 minutes, but this can be extended by repeating the remote start procedure before the full 10 minutes has elapsed.
- Remote start will run the engine and climate control, but lights and accessories will remain off, and the security system will remain on.
Stopping the Engine
- The engine will turn off on its own if it has run for more than 10 minutes, or if a door is opened without the remote or smart entry.
- It can also be stopped before the 10 minutes by holding the Engine button.
Things to Remember While Using Your Remote Start
- Only use remote start when your car is in an open and well-ventilated area, never use it in a garage.
- Do not use remote start if your car is under a cover, these can catch on fire.
- Do not use remote start if your car is parked near anything flammable, such as grease, oil, wood, paper, dead grass, etc.
Remote Start with HondaLink
For some years and models, Honda gives you the added option of using the HondaLink app, in conjunction with a Remote subscription, to remote start your vehicle. Not only does this feature allow you to use remote start from anywhere, it also comes with several other features. This include notifications if your vehicle’s alarm is triggered, a Find My Car feature for those times when you can’t remember where you parked, and the ability to send commands via Amazon Alexa. For more information, and to check your vehicle’s compatibility, click the button below.
Honda Vehicles With Remote Start
2023 Honda HR-V
Standard on: Sport, EX-L
2023 Honda CR-V
Standard on: EX, EX-L
2023 Honda CR-V Hybrid
Standard on: Special Edition, EX, EX-L, Touring
2022 Honda Pilot
Standard on: Sport, EX-L, Special Edition, TrailSport, Touring, Elite
2022 Honda Passport
Standard on: EX-L, TrailSport, Elite
2022 Honda Civic Sedan
Standard on: Sport, EX, Touring
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
Standard on: EX-L
2022 Honda Accord
Standard on: Sport Special Edition, EX-L
2022 Honda Accord Hybrid
Standard on: Hybrid, Hybrid Sport