2023 Honda Pilot Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $40,495 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 285 horsepower / 262 lb-ft of torque and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- 8-passenger seating with 1-touch fold 2nd-row bench
- Standard 7-inch or available 9-inch color touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Optional Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Available rugged TrailSport trim level featuring Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height, TrailWatch™ camera system, and skid plates
About the Honda Pilot
No matter where you're headed, the Honda Pilot delivers eye-catching style, remarkable versatility, and inspiring technology features to help you create long-lasting memories. Thanks to its ability to carry up to 8 passengers, the Pilot offers a combination of impressive cargo capacity in addition to several seating configurations for superior comfort. Its inviting interior combined with rugged off-road performance capabilities makes the Pilot the perfect choice for those living active lifestyles or those with a growing family. Found across the entire Pilot model range, the proven Honda Sensing® suite of active driver-assistive safety features adds peace of mind behind the wheel. An optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation system provides turn-by-turn guidance to help you reach your destination on time. It's also a breeze to reach the cargo area of the Pilot with your hands full of shopping bags with the available hands-free power-operated tailgate.
What the Critics Say
What's New For 2023
This year marks the arrival of the all-new Honda Pilot, now in its fourth generation for the 2023 model year. Its entirely redesigned exterior is now more adventurous, bold, and sophisticated than the previous model. Under the hood, the Pilot is now powered by a muscular 285-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 engine paired with an all-new 10-speed automatic transmission. Shoppers will also notice its extensively refreshed interior that's highlighted by a simplified dashboard and improved materials throughout the cabin. Finally, drivers with a thirst for adventure are sure to appreciate the thrilling TrailSport model that makes its debut with enhanced off-road abilities and unique design characteristics inside and out.
Honda Pilot Features
Performance, Capabilities, and Styling
Significantly more rugged and capable than ever before, the striking exterior appearance of the Honda Pilot makes an impression both on and off the trails. Every Pilot benefits from standard LED headlights, fog lights, and tail lamps that deliver a blend of style and improved visibility in all types of weather conditions. When it comes to power, the Pilot is equipped with a proven 285-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 and an advanced 10-speed automatic transmission that delivers a combination of muscle and efficiency. Ready to help you explore where other SUVs fear to venture, the Pilot TrailSport is built to a higher standard than most. Signature attributes of TrailSport models include standard i-VTM4™ all-wheel drive with Trail Torque Logic, all-terrain tires, and an off-road-tuned suspension with a ride height increase of 1 inch.
From growing families to drivers living active lifestyles, the Honda Pilot is ready to adapt to your daily life with spacious seating for either 7 or 8 passengers. One example of its practicality is its innovative removable second-row center seat section that tucks neatly beneath the rear cargo floor on 8-passenger variants. Frequently used controls and features are oriented towards the driver for ease of use on the streamlined dashboard inside the Pilot. You can easily store essential items or even two smartphones side-by-side on the enlarged center console that sits between the driver and front passenger. Other highlights of impressive interior features inside the Pilot include heated/ventilated front seats, a panoramic moonroof, leather upholstery, and the cutting-edge CabinTalk™ communication system.
From a quick trip across town to an extended cross-country road trip, the Honda Pilot has a variety of impressive technology features that will make each mile of the journey more engaging. Accessible via the standard 7-inch or optional 9-inch touchscreen display, standard Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration places all of your favorite apps and media directly in your line of sight. The available Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charger removes clutter from charging cables while the available Wi-Fi hotspot helps all occupants stay connected on the way to their destination. Speaking of the destination, the available satellite-based navigation system helps you get there safely and on time thanks to turn-by-turn directions. For a truly unparalleled listening experience, the optional 12-speaker Bose premium audio system delivers remarkable sound quality inside the Honda Pilot.
Every Honda Pilot comes standard with the innovative Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. Examples of individual features found in this collection include Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), and Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning. You'll also enjoy automatic high beams and a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera for increased confidence while backing out of a tight parking space. With such an impressive list of standard equipment, it comes as no surprise that the Honda Pilot targets a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $40,495 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 10-speed automatic transmission
- Honda Sensing®
- LED headlights, foglights, DRLs and taillights
- Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ integration
- 7-inch digital instrument display and 7-inch color touchscreen
- Starting at $43,295 MSRP*
- Leather seating surfaces
- Wireless Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ integration
- Qi-compatible wireless charging
- 9-inch color touchscreen and 9-speaker audio
- Starting at $47,795 MSRP*
- Handsfree access power tailgate
- Opening panoramic sunroof
- Satellite-based navigation
- Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Wi-Fi hotspot capability
- Starting at $49,695 MSRP*
- Standard i-VTM4™ all-wheel drive with Trail Torque Logic
- Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height
- TrailWatch™ camera system
- 18-inch black TrailSport branded alloy wheels
- Front skid plate with recovery point
- Starting at $53,375 MSRP*
- 10.2-inch digital instrument display
- Head up display
- Ventilated front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Heated steering wheel
*MSRP includes $1,345.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/25 highway/21 combined mpg rating for non-TrailSport AWD trims. 18 city/23 highway/20 combined mpg rating for TrailSport. Based on 2023 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, and other factors.