2022 Honda Civic Sedan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2022 Honda Civic Sedan
- Starting at $23,365 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) or available 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (180 HP / 177 LB-FT TQ) paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Standard 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Honda Sensing® system of advanced driver-assist safety technologies
- Available Civic-first Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers (Touring)
- Optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda Realtime Traffic
- Standard multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Available leather-trimmed upholstery featuring driver’s seat with 8-way power adjustment
About the Honda Civic Sedan
No other nameplate in the history of the Honda brand has existed longer than the Civic, one of the most popular compact sedans of the past century. With over 12 million units sold since its introduction in 1973, the Civic remains America’s top-selling model with first-time car buyers. The 11th generation Honda Civic Sedan offers a striking exterior look that’s more recognizable and youthful than its predecessors. Making your commute more rewarding than ever before, its innovative interior is packed with advanced tech features like standard Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ smartphone connectivity. Whether you’re in search of athletic power, impressive efficiency, or a blend of both — the Civic Sedan is available with two distinct engine choices to match the needs of any type of driver. Regardless of your destination, it’s always a comforting feeling to know that your car is looking out for the safety of both you and your passengers. This is the exact reason that Honda has equipped every Civic Sedan with Honda Sensing®, a complete suite of groundbreaking driver-assistive safety features to help you stay one step ahead of danger.
What the Critics Say
What’s New For 2022
Totally reimagined from the ground up, the 11th generation Honda Civic Sedan has arrived for the 2022 model year. Immediately recognizable as a Civic, its bold exterior refresh helps you stand out from the competition. Similarly, the revised interior layout is home to a variety of new standard features and connected technology. A comprehensive selection of 4 distinct trim levels makes it simple to find a 2022 Civic Sedan that’s perfectly matched to your personality and driving preferences.
Honda Civic Sedan Features
Sharp Styling & Performance
Viewed from any angle, the Honda Civic Sedan reflects an athletic appearance inspired by the original Honda design ethos of “Man-Maximum, Machine-Minimum” (or “M/M”). This principle has evolved into a more upscale look than the previous generation, giving the Civic Sedan a lower beltline and more steeply raked windshield pillars for improved outward visibility. Further enhancing its handling capabilities, the Civic Sedan benefits from a widened rear track and distinct rear shoulder line for a more refined feel during cornering.
Standard power for the Civic Sedan comes in the form of a 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine producing 158 horsepower 138 lb-ft of torque paired to a responsive continuously variable transmission (CVT). Drivers can also upgrade to an available 180-horsepower 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine for maximum thrills. Available drive models including Eco, Normal, and Sport give you the option to further customize your experience behind the wheel of the Civic Sedan.
Achieving harmony between comfortable and connected, the driver-oriented cabin of the Honda Civic Sedan is the perfect way to make the most of your daily drive. Civic Sedan LX models come standard with a 7-inch color touchscreen, the largest ever found inside of a Civic. Benefitting from the principles of Honda Body Stabilizing technology, the Civic also comes standard with specialized seats to maximize comfort on long-distance drives. By paying meticulous attention to detail, the layout of the cabin follows a minimalist theme that creates a sense of spaciousness. You’ll have the freedom to listen to your favorite songs via Bluetooth® or USB media, radio, or on a connected smartphone for use with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. The optional Bose audio system featuring Bose Centerpoint 2 and Bose SurroundStage digital signal processing is another Civic-first feature available inside the cabin, allowing you to hear your music with unparalleled depth and quality.
Setting the new standard for safety in the compact sedan segment, the Honda Civic Sedan comes equipped with a remarkable collection of advanced safety features designed to keep you out of harm’s way. Making their debut for the first time in a passenger car, innovative frontal airbags found inside the Civic feature specialized functions to control head motions in certain types of collisions. Also standard on the Civic Sedan is the award-winning Honda Sensing® suite of safety features. Standard technologies found in this collection include Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), and several more. Every Civic Sedan is also engineered with the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, further improved for superior stiffness and protection in the event of a severe accident.
Honda Civic Sedan – 2022 North American Car of the Year***
For the third time in the storied history of the model, the Honda Civic Sedan has been named the 2022 North American Car of the Year. “The Honda Civic has long set the standard by which other compact cars are measured and this all-new Civic raised that bar in every conceivable way,” said Michael Kistemaker, assistant vice president of Honda national sales, American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “We’re especially proud for the Civic development team in Japan and our production associates at our plants in Greensburg, Indiana and Alliston, Ontario where the 2022 Civic Sedan, Hatchback and Si are built.” In total, Honda has produced nearly 11 million Civic models in North America.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $23,365 MSRP*
- 158-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® engine and Continuously Variable Transmission
- 7-Inch Color Touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Push Button Start
- Full LED Headlights
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety features
- Starting at $24,765 MSRP*
- 18-Inch Gloss-Black Alloy Wheels
- Gloss-Black Power Side Mirrors and Matte-Black Upper Window Trim
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- 3-Mode Drive System including Sport and ECON Modes
- 8-Speaker, 180-Watt Audio System
- Starting at $26,365 MSRP*
- 180-horsepower 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® engine
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Heated Front Seats
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Starting at $29,965 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- 12-Speaker Bose Premium Sound System including Subwoofer
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- 9-Inch Color Touchscreen with Wireless Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Adaptive Cruise Control w/Low-Speed Follow
*MSRP includes $1,015.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**31 city/40 highway/35 combined mpg rating for LX. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport. 33 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX. 31 city/38 highway/34 combined mpg rating for Touring. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
***Source: North American Car of the Year Awards (2022) – https://northamericancaroftheyear.org/