2022 Honda Civic Hatchback Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2022 Honda Civic Hatchback
- Starting at $24,365 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) or available 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (180 HP / 177 LB-FT TQ)
- Choice of standard continuously variable transmission (CVT) or available short-throw 6-speed manual transmission
- Standard 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Optional Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers
- Honda Sensing® featuring Traffic Jam Assist
- Sporty Euro-inspired exterior styling with a coupe-like profile featuring a cargo opening widened by 1.6-inches for enhanced practicality
- Available Qi-compatible wireless charging capabilities
About the Honda Civic Hatchback
Designed with innovative tech features, race-inspired performance, and everyday practicality – the Honda Civic Hatchback delivers an uncompromising blend of athleticism and versatility. The youthful counterpart to the award-winning Civic Sedan, the Civic Hatchback stands above the competition with its iconic rear liftgate and Euro-inspired styling that captures attention from every angle. Step inside the cabin and you’ll instantly find yourself surrounded by connected technology and multimedia features to keep you entertained no matter how far the journey takes you. The perfect companion to those living active lifestyles, the standard 60/40 split folding rear seatback along with a large rear cargo opening inside the Civic Hatchback help you make the most of your weekend plans. Two responsive engine options along with two individual transmission choices make it easy to enjoy the perfect amount of performance and efficiency to suit the needs of any driver. Included as standard across the trilineup, Honda Sensing® is a collection of cutting-edge driver-assist features designed to keep you informed and alert.
What the Critics Say
Honda Civic Hatchback Features
Equally stylish as it is sporty, the team of engineers at Honda worked tirelessly to perfect the responsive handling capabilities of the Civic Hatchback to mirror its potent powertrain options. Included as standard is a 158-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine paired to a CVT transmission. Searching for a bit more muscle? Step up to the available 180-horsepower 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine and a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission. In comparison to its sedan sibling, the Civic Hatchback is 4.9 inches shorter in length, includes a wider rear track, and benefits from a lightweight composite hatch – all of which add to its nimble handling abilities. Compared to the prior generation, the Civic Hatchback boasts a 19-percent increase in torsional rigidity thanks to its redesigned body structure. If you’re searching for practicality combined with performance thrills that will put a smile on your face, you’ll find all of that and more with the Honda Civic Hatchback.
With priority placed on minimalism and functionality, the interior configuration of the Honda Civic Hatchback is thoughtfully designed to match your busy lifestyle. Included across the trim lineup, Honda Body Stabilizing Seats feature specialized characteristics to boost comfort on long journeys. In just seconds, you can lower the standard 60/40 split folding rear seats to transport large or oddly-shaped items through the generously-sized rear cargo opening. Enjoy your favorite tunes with the optional Bose Premium Sound System featuring Centerpoint 2 and Bose SurroundStage digital signal processing tailored individually for the interior of the Civic Hatchback. In an effort to get rid of clutter from cables and wires, it’s easier than ever to keep your smartphone charged up on the way to your destination using available Qi-compatible wireless charging capabilities.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
Equally supportive and sophisticated, drivers will have access to a variety of advanced technology and safety features inside of the Honda Civic Hatchback. Every model comes standard with a 7-inch color LCD instrument display which features an all-digital speedometer and tachometer on the left side, and a physical speedometer dial on the right. In terms of infotainment, drivers will appreciate its standard 7-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration. Also available is a remarkable 9-inch touchscreen display, the largest ever offered inside any Civic, equipped with wireless smartphone integration. The comprehensive Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive technologies now features Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and other innovative technologies to help keep you prepared for the unexpected.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $24,365 MSRP*
- 158-HP Engine with continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- 16-Inch Alloy Wheels
- 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Starting at $25,565 MSRP*
- 3-Mode Drive System including Sport and ECON Modes (available)
- 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- 8-Speaker, 180-Watt Audio System
- Sport Pedals
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Starting at $28,065 MSRP*
- 180-HP Turbocharged Engine
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Leather-Trimmed Seats, Heated Front Seats
- Blind Spot Information System
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Starting at $30,865 MSRP*
- Bose Premium Sound System
- Wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ Integration
- 9-Inch Color Touch-Screen
- Adaptive Cruise Control (Low-Speed Follow available)
- Wireless Phone Charger
*MSRP includes $1,015.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX. 26 city/36 highway/29 combined mpg rating for Sport 6MT. 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT. 31 city/39 highway/35 combined mpg rating for EX-L. 28 city/37 highway/31 combined mpg rating for Sport Touring 6MT. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport Touring CVT. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.