2024 Honda CR-V Hybrid Model Review
- Starting at $34,675 MSRP*
- Standard Hybrid drivetrain with a combined system output of 204 horsepower and 247 lb-ft of torque
- Available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies
- 7-inch touchscreen audio system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ and Wi-Fi Hotspot capability
- Standard one-touch power sliding moonroof
- Available 12-speaker Bose premium audio system with Bose Centerpoint technology and SurroundStage digital signal processing
About The Honda CR-V Hybrid
The Honda CR-V isn’t just a favorite in its segment, it has been the best-selling CUV in America for more than twenty years. From its stylish looks to an interior that’s far roomier than you’ve been made to expect from a compact crossover, it’s easy to see why the CR-V is such a hit. The CR-V Hybrid adds excellent fuel economy to the mix, while the available all-wheel drive with Intelligent Control System™ lets you tackle adverse conditions with confidence. Equipment that costs extra on competitors comes standard on the CR-V Hybrid, like full LED headlights, and automatic climate control. This also includes the Honda Sensing® suite of driver aids and safety technology.
What the Critics Say
Yes, enjoyment. Easy, effort-free driving has always been something of a CR-V trait in previous generations. It’s still evident in this CR-V Hybrid, but we’ve discovered an added dimension to this king of the suburban road — which is a bit of a surprise, albeit a pleasant one. There’s a poise and agility to how the CR-V Hybrid drives, a perfect complement to this energetic drivetrain.” — Kelley Blue Book
The brakes work well in emergency situations and make it easy to stop smoothly. We also like the hybrid system’s smooth operation in city driving, though climbing long mountain grades can take a heavy foot. Around corners, the CR-V stays composed and under control. The responsive steering offers enough feedback to give you a good sense of what’s happening on the road.” — Edmunds
What’s New For 2024
The biggest update to the Honda CR-V Hybrid for the 2024 model year is the arrival of an all-new trim level, bringing the total to 3. Slotting in between last year’s two trims, the all-new Sport-L Hybrid adds a number of convenience and comfort features. This gives hybrid SUV shoppers yet another reason to choose the proven Honda CR-V Hybrid over the competition.
Honda CR-V Hybrid Features
With its 204-horsepower hybrid drivetrain, the CR-V Hybrid strikes an excellent balance between performance and fuel economy. With a combined rating of 40 mpg**, the CR-V Hybrid is outstanding in its segment. Available all-wheel drive means that snow and mud are no match for the CR-V Hybrid. In classic Honda fashion, the interior of the CR-V Hybrid is almost surprisingly roomy, and together with the 60/40 split-folding back seat, there’s lots of space for loading anything you need for whatever adventure the CR-V Hybrid can take you on. The 4-Mode Drive System lets you select Normal, Econ, Sport, or Snow, letting you get the most out of your CR-V Hybrid in a wider variety of situations.
High Tech Interior
One of the many reasons why the CR-V Hybrid is a huge hit is that it comes loaded with technology, much more than competitors offer in this segment. This includes a 7-inch digital Driver Information Interface Screen, as well as a 7-inch infotainment touchscreen (upgradable to 9 inches). You get Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility, which works wirelessly with upgraded infotainment units. But the real strength of the CR-V is that the Honda Sensing® Technologies come standard. This means things like Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow, and even Traffic Jam Assist come standard. Standard Active Noise Cancellation™ (ANC) keeps the cabin quiet, and additional standard equipment includes a one-touch power moonroof and a 240-watt stereo system.
The CR-V Hybrid offers an impressive list of safety features, and even more impressive, almost all of them are standard. Some of these features will cost extra, but many of them aren’t even available in this segment. The CR-V Hybrid’s Multi-Angle Rearview Camera is one of these features, as are the front knee airbags. The Honda Sensing® suite of technology adds things like the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and Traffic Sign Recognition System (TSR) to the list of standard safety equipment. With all of this, it’s no wonder that the CR-V is an IIHS Top Safety Pick+1.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $34,675 MSRP*
- 3-Mode Drive System incl. Snow and ECON Modes
- 18-Inch Gloss Black Wheels
- Full LED Headlights
- Push Button Start
- Automatic Climate Control
- Starting at $37,675 MSRP*
- 18-Inch Gloss-Black Alloy Wheels
- 9-Inch Color Touchscreen
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Power Front Seats w/Driver’s Memory Seat
- 4-Mode Drive System with Snow, Sport, and ECON Modes
Sport Touring Hybrid
- Starting at $40,825 MSRP*
- Standard Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- 9-inch touchscreen audio system with wireless Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Bose Premium Sound System with 12 Speakers, including Subwoofer
- Heated Leather-Trimmed Seats w/Orange Stitching
- One-touch power sliding moonroof
*MSRP including $1,325 destination charge, but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**43 city/36 highway/40 combined mpg rating for 2WD Sport and Sport-L. 40 city/34 highway/37 combined mpg rating for AWD Sport, Sport-L, and Sport Touring. Based on 2024 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions, battery-pack age/condition (hybrid trims), and other factors.
1 Source: https://www.iihs.org/